"I have been fortunate enough to participate in all but two of the
NEFFA Festivals. I missed the first because I hadn't started dancing yet, and
I was away in the army in 1955.
"It is with great joy that I anticipate my annual pilgrimage to the New
England Folk Festival, where I join my many friends in celebrating the
glorious event that is ever-changing yet always remains the same." -- Ted Sannella
On November 18th, 1995, NEFFA, and indeed the world of dancing, lost
a dear friend.
Almost from the start, Ted was associated with NEFFA and supported
its objectives in many ways.
Several events at the 1996 NEFFA Festival were dedicated to the memory
of Ted Sannella:
- Ted's Triplets - Called by David Millstone
- Festival Orchestra Salute to Ted Sannella - A multi-caller program
with brief remarks by the callers and Janet Breslau, one of Ted's daughters.
- Ted Sannella's Squares - Called by Dan Pearl
- Green Mt. Volunteers dance performance
- Ted's "Merry Go Round" - Called by Tony Saletan, Dan Pearl, and
- Ted's obituary in the Boston Globe.
- Ted's Funeral
New England Folk Festival Association