Statement of Inclusivity
The NEFFA organization and the Neffa Festival celebrate a diverse culture, and value all members of the community. The Neffa Festival welcomes, and does not discriminate against, any attendee regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, class, sexual orientation, gender/genderless identification, or level of physical ability.
NEFFA has a zero tolerance policy towards acts of discrimination, violence, or vulgarity. Patrons who choose to discriminate against or harm others will be removed from the Festival.
Code of Conduct
Everyone in the NEFFA community is expected to behave respectfully towards others. In the online world, this means that audience members will:
- Mute themselves unless prompted to do otherwise during performances and panels.
- Use respectful language during Q&A and discussions.
- Not include videos or gifs in chats unless asked to do so.
The NEFFA organization suggests these best practices to audience members in order to get the most out of your online NEFFA festival:
- Make sure that you have Zoom installed on your device, and that it’s the most up-to-date version of Zoom.
- Confirm that you can use Zoom successfully BEFORE the festival weekend.
- Familiarize yourself with the use of Zoom’s MUTE button, chat and breakout rooms.
- If you have trouble with any of these during the festival weekend, NEFFA will have a help desk available. However, we will have limited staff available, so any steps you can take in advance to make sure you can use ZOOM will improve your online NEFFA festival experience.
- If you have a special background, please make sure that it’s static. That is, it does not move independently.
NEFFA does not share your information with outside organizations.
NEFFA may use your email address to:
- Send last-minute updates and reminders to registrants leading up to and during the Festival.
- Send a donation reminder ONLY to registrants who checked “Remind me to donate after the Festival”.
- Add you to the NEFFA email list ONLY if you checked “Please put me on the NEFFA email list”.
- NEFFA does not share email addresses for any other purpose.
NEFFA will place a cookie on your computer to confirm that you have registered. NEFFA does not use the cookie for other purposes. Since NEFFA does not track your movement, you will need to register again if you use a different browser or device.
Sessions may be recorded for delayed viewing with the permission of the performers. Recordings will be announced at the start of the session. If you do not wish to be recorded, please turn off your video and mute your microphone.
During the Festival, please refer any issues to the NEFFA Help Desk.
Before or after the Festival, please refer any issues to President@neffa.org.